Roast Master, Roasting Manager, or just coffee roaster. I feel more like a Roasting Entrepreneur with the development of the Fig Leaf Coffee Company brand. These are all names given to the individual responsible for creating the heart of the beverage a large number of Americans rely upon daily, coffee. What a lot of consumers of this lovely drink don’t realize is that the coffee bean in its raw form is fairly useless. It is dense, tasteless and a medium green hue in color. It’s not until heat is applied through the roasting process that the bean begins to resemble the color and smell we know as coffee.
While most anyone can buy green coffee beans from a number of places, the art of roasting comes with patience, time and experience. Under-roasting coffee usually yields an acidic cup where over-roasting leads to bitterness and a flat burnt flavor. Two roast masters can roast the exact same coffee but end up with a cup tasting totally different. I bring the level of patience and experience needed to create coffee that is exciting, memorable, and consistent.
This is what sets us apart from all other small roasters. Utilizing the understanding of how a coffee bean reacts at different temperatures is paramount in creating a highly desirable cup of coffee. It is not easy and there is a great deal of nuance that goes along with this creation process. It doesn't happen overnight but the hard work and dedication are well worth seeing my customers overjoyed when they take that first sip. Perfection!
New products are coming soon!
African specialty coffees in general are bright but balanced with berry overtones. They may include some really rich offerings with deep chocolate notes as well. Fig Leaf Coffee Company can bring African coffee to your table because we are one of the best local coffee roasters in the state.
• Syrupy Mouthfeel • Light Acidity • Dark Chocolate
• Cocoa • Brown Sugar • Bright Acidity
• Clean • Sweet • Strawberry & Blueberry
(New Offering) Limited Availability
• Bold Cocoa • Green Apple and Berries • Clean Finish
Central America, produces a very consistent washed Arabica coffee. There are distinct differences from country to country as you move south to Panama. Each country produces distinctly different coffees and profiles. You can find very good, popular coffee in just about all Central American countries.
• Ripe Plum • Earthy • Peppery
• Jasmine & Rose • Pomegranate & Dried Fruit • Milk Chocolate
Brazil really dominates the continent in terms of its size and coffee bean production. On the other hand Colombia dominates when it comes to cupping and flavor profiles. We have really put a lot of effort into finding the below offerings from South America. There are so many great options and that is why we carry four from this area.
• Hazelnut • Caramelized Maple Syrup • Light Almond
• Black Cherry • Dark Chocolate • Well Rounded
• Mild and Balanced • Green Apple • Clean Finish
• Dark Honey • Red Apple Brightness • Light Cocoa
• Red Berries • Milk Chocolate • Mild Acidity
Asian and Indonesian coffees are known for their smooth flavors and moderate acidity. They are mostly full-bodied and often with earthy undertones.
• Well Balanced & Smooth • Mellon & Apple Notes • Light Citrus Brightness
We work extensively with select customers to make sure our blends are perfect prior to roll out to the public.
• Deep Chocolate & Cocoa • Light Acidity • Well Balanced
• Bright & Bold • Dark Chocolate • Berry Finish
• Low Acidity • Dark Chocolate • Sweet Berries | Get the cold brew recipe in the downloads section below.
All downloads are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format for easy viewing
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.
Click here to see the Google Map.
12628 Chillicothe Road Suite G Chesterland, OH 44026
Monday & Wednesday: 10:30AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 11:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Friday: 10:30AM - 4:00 PM
Sunday: Open at Crocker Park Farmer's Market from 9:00AM - 1:00PM